The reasons for selling a house can sometimes be stressful enough, let alone worrying about the details that come with it. Here’s a few things to consider when you start on the path to selling your house.
- Contact Aubrey for a Comparative Market Analysis. A CMA will give you a price range to list your house within based on recent comparable sales in your neighborhood. It’s an indicator of where the market is at so you can have an idea of where to price your house when you are ready. This will be a great opportunity to make a custom game-plan with Aubrey, and you’ll have a step-by-step plan for getting your house ready to sell.
- Make aesthetic repairs that will improve the curb appeal of your house. I have many tips on my blog for inexpensive ways to improve the curb appeal and overall value of your house.
- Fix major repairs if possible. If you were a buyer, what would attract you to a home, and what would make you walk away. Fix the items that would make you walk away. If it’s something way out of budget, mention it to your Realtor, and get their advice on what options may be available to you. Otherwise, you’ll need to consider a price reduction in lieu of repairs and be prepared to potentially have your house sit on the market longer.
- Clean like you’ve never cleaned before! De-clutter, sell, donate, and recycle as much as you can. People will be looking through your house as if it were their next home, so think about what might turn them off. Have a garage sale, get a storage unit, or sell items on Craigslist. Simplify! I have many tips on my blog about inexpensive and easy ways to keep your house awesome and sellable.
- Create an exit strategy. Consider timing and alternate living situations if your house sells quicker than expected. Will you be able to stay with family, friends or rent a short-term home? Could you possibly “rent” your house back from the new buyers until you are able to move?